TOKYO , Feb. 4 -- ( Kyodo ) _ Toyota Motor Corp. on Tuesday revised upward its group operating profit projection for fiscal 2013 through March to a record 2.4 trillion yen from an earlier estimated 2.2 trillion yen , boosted by the yen's slide and cost-cutting measures. The full-year operating profit estimate eclipses the previous record of 2.27 trillion yen marked in fiscal 2007 before the global financial crisis that erupted in 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign