Chicago, Ill (PRWEB) February 03, 2014 The Options Industry Council (OIC) announced today that 389,821,135 total options contracts traded in January, up 7.96 percent compared to last January when 361,071,621 contracts were traded. Volume for last month sets the record for the highest January volume and seventh highest monthly volume ever. Average daily volume for the month was also up 7.96 percent with 18,562,912 contracts compared to last January’s 17,193,887 contracts. Equity options volume came in at 351,650,970 contracts, a 7.45 percent increase from last January when 327,265,575 contracts traded. Average daily volume for equity options in January was 16,745,284 contracts, also 7.45 percent more than the same period last year, which saw 15,584,075 contracts exchange hands. About OIC OIC is an industry cooperative funded by all the U.S. options exchanges and OCC. OIC was formed in 1992 to educate investors and their financial advisors about the benefits and risks of exchange-traded equity options. OIC's resources include: Investor Services live help at 1-888-OPTIONS, its educational website at http://www.OptionsEducation.org , live seminars throughout the continental United States and Canada , and educational literature. ### Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11549661.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic