The NARL said in a statement
The IMPC is an international scientific attempt to create and characterize the phenotype of 20,000 knockout mouse strains. Mice and humans are above 95 percent similar at a genetic level.
The introduction on the IMPC website said, These mice are preserved in repositories and made available to the scientific community representing a valuable resource for basic scientific research as well as generating new models for human diseases .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11