BERLIN (AP) — Switzerland's biggest bank, UBS AG , says it earned 917 million francs ( $1 billion ) in the fourth quarter following a large loss a year earlier caused by litigation and restructuring charges. UBS lost 1.9 billion francs in the final quarter of 2012. The bank said Tuesday that its pre-tax operating profit in the October-December period came in at 449 million francs — compared with a 1.84 billion-franc loss a year earlier — thanks to an increase in fee and commission income largely at its investment bank unit. UBS says its full-year net profit for 2013 totaled 3.17 billion francs . That compares with a loss of 2.48 billion francs in 2012. The bank says it will propose a 67 percent dividend increase to 0.25 francs per share.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Sina Loses License Over Porn