OSAKA , Feb. 3 -- ( Kyodo ) _ Singapore's Wuthelam Group will double its equity stake in Nippon Paint Co. to about 30.3 percent by paying 103.3 billion yen for a private equity issue by the Japanese paint maker, Nippon Paint said Monday. Nippon Paint will use the proceeds to purchase Wuthelam-held shares in multiple joint ventures with the Singapore paint maker in countries such as China and Malaysia and make them subsidiaries. The Wuthelam Group , the largest shareholder in Nippon Paint , made a tender offer in January last year to raise its stake in the Japanese company to about 45 percent. The Singaporean group later withdrew the tender offer and launched negotiations with Nippon Paint about how best to expand their cooperation.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder