Omar Sheikh has taken up a new role as general manager for Islamic banking at First Community Bank Group of Kenya . Prior to this move Sheikh was at Barclays in Kenya where he held the position of head of Islamic banking. Upon his appointment he said, "This market was largely locked out of financing before the advent of Islamic banks due to fear of engaging in interest, but with the understanding of banking habits of the community, I will be able to deliver the services."
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes