The National Poverty Eradication Programme (NAPEP) under its micro credit scheme has disbursed loans to over nine farmers' cooperative groups in Kogi State . Senior Special Assistant to the President and National Coordinator, NAPEP, Alhaji Murktar Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, while presenting the cheques during the flag-off of grassroots projects in Lokoja, said the loan is a revolving scheme and not a grant, so that beneficiaries could become independent over a period as the funds are paid back. He said the NAPEP project, which is a micro-credit scheme, was designed to make funds available to small scale entrepreneurs, especially in the agro-allied field to kick start and expand their businesses.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?