The implementing Body of the Ministry,
Official sources on Thursday said the Department plans to develop e-health related systems and applications that use mobile phones and expert systems to impart continued education and better advice to citizens in rural areas.
Similarly, the sources said research and development initiatives are being supported with focus on increasing the effectiveness of services delivered by
They said the wealth of information available on Internet is empowering individuals and organizations throughout the world, adding that unfortunately, for majority of our population most of the information is in English language and we are supporting efforts to make it easier to develop content in local languages.
The sources said to empower young citizens through Internet connectivity and to promote social networks, the Department would impart training in high schools on creating content in local languages.
This training will be followed by a sequence of competitions for young minds on developing web pages and content that can be of great value to their peers.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder