Comedian Luis Raul Martinez has died of pneumonia at the Pavia Hospital in his native Puerto Rico, his family said. He was 51.
Fox News Latino said Martinez's death came after he spent 18 days in the hospital's intensive care unit.
His family told the cable news channel Monday Martinez died Sunday after they authorized the hospital to disconnect him from an artificial respirator.
"Don't stop smiling, you never know who might fall in love with your smile," the comedian said in his final tweet Jan. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday