Comedian Luis Raul Martinez has died of pneumonia at the Pavia Hospital in his native Puerto Rico, his family said. He was 51.
Fox News Latino said Martinez's death came after he spent 18 days in the hospital's intensive care unit.
His family told the cable news channel Monday Martinez died Sunday after they authorized the hospital to disconnect him from an artificial respirator.
"Don't stop smiling, you never know who might fall in love with your smile," the comedian said in his final tweet Jan. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party