MUSCAT In a step to further boost growth and as part of its strategic plan, Oman Arab Bank (OAB) has announced the appointment of Amin Al Husseini as the new chief executive officer effective from February 2 , a bank press release said. Husseini started his banking career in 1994 at Arab Bank in Jordan and will be joining OAB from Bahrain where he was the general manager responsible for wholesale and retail banking through the off shore banking unit and the commercial branches, respectively. Husseini was also a member of Oman Arab Bank's board of directors and an active member on the risk, remuneration, audit and executive committees. Rashad Al Zubair , chairman of OAB, said: "Husseini, is part of Oman Arab Bank family as he worked closely with the management for four years, and being based in Bahrain , the geographical proximity made it easier for him to participate personally in every meeting that the board and its committees held in Muscat during the past four years. Husseini said: "I would like to thank both the board of directors and the Central Bank of Oman for their vote of confidence. I am very pleased with this appointment and I look forward to seeing OAB prosper even further in the years to come especially with the loyal customer base that we are blessed with and proud to serve. The dedication and commitment of the executive management team and the rest of the staff and also the unlimited support of Ominvest and Arab Bank Group " Oman Tribune
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges