Hanger, Inc. announced that it anticipates adjusted diluted earnings per share for fiscal year 2013 to be between $1.94 and $1.96 , which is below the previous guidance range of $2.08 to $2.11 for adjusted earnings per diluted share provided by the Company on Oct. 29, 2013 . In a release on Jan. 30 , the Company said that on a reported basis, the Company expects earnings per diluted share to be between $1.79 and $1.81 . Adjusted earnings per diluted share excludes certain tax benefits, costs of the debt refinance, costs related to acquisitions and costs related to the implementation of the Company's new clinic management system will add approximately $0.15 to earnings per diluted share. The lower than anticipated earnings in the fourth quarter of 2013 were principally the result of operational issues isolated to a small non-clinic unit within the Patient Care segment. The impact of the unit's operational issues was identified during the quarter end close process through the annual physical inventory valuation and analysis of changes in collection trends. These preliminary results are subject to the Company's final year end close and audit and therefore subject to change. "We are clearly disappointed that operating problems at this unit impacted our fourth quarter results," said Vinit Asar , President and Chief Executive Officer of Hanger. "Despite this unfortunate setback we still anticipate delivering adjusted EPS growth of at least 8 percent for 2013. We remain confident in our core business and expect to deliver adjusted EPS growth of approximately 10 percent in 2014." Additional details on the fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2013 results and 2014 guidance will be provided in the Company's fourth quarter 2013 earnings release to be issued on Feb. 12 , and earnings call to be held on Feb. 13 . The earnings call is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m., ET , on Thursday, Feb. 13 . Those wishing to participate should call 1-877-662-6095. A replay will be available until Friday, Feb. 21 , by dialing 1-855-859-2056 and referencing Conference ID # 36619714. Hanger, Inc. provides orthotic and prosthetic patient care, and distributes O&P products and rehabilitative solutions. ((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict