Feb. 03 --Incumbent 3rd District U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann will start the campaign season with more than $400,000 in the bank, according to campaign finance reports filed Friday. The reports filed with the Federal Election Commission show Fleischmann went into the fourth quarter with a balance of $250,222 . He raised $196,574 between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31 and spent $41,162 , leaving a balance of $405,634 . Fleischmann, a Republican, is seeking a third term and faces a primary challenge from Weston Wamp, son of Fleischmann's predecessor, Zach Wamp. It's a rematch for the pair. Wamp came in third in a four-man race in the 2012 3rd District primary, earning 28 percent of the vote to Fleischmann's 38 percent. Wamp announced his candidacy Jan. 13 and did not have to file a fourth-quarter report with the FEC. ___ (c)2014 the Chattanooga Times/Free Press (Chattanooga, Tenn.) Visit the Chattanooga Times/Free Press (Chattanooga, Tenn.) at www.timesfreepress.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?