Optus had declared that it has inked a five-year contract for functionin two satellites providing broadband services to rural and distant areas of
In 2015, two satellites will set up as well as function in the Ka-band, which includes frequencies between 26.5 40 GHz and is used to deliver satellite broadband services.
As a leader in the provision of satellite services, Optus looks forward to working with NBN Co to fly these satellites and assist it in meeting the significant demand for high speed broadband services in regional and remote
NBN Co satellite program director
NBN Co looks forward to working with Optus satellite as we progress towards the successful launch of NBN Co s two Ka-band satellites. These satellites have been specifically designed to deliver a dedicated broadband service for 200,000 homes, farms and businesses in remote parts of the country at speeds people in the city currently take for granted.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia