Anonymous sources tell The Times that Apple is looking into implementing solar-charging in its mythical upcoming iWatch device, though such a solution is considered to be "years from becoming a reality."
The newspaper also claims the watch will sport a curved glass, and one anonymous source say that Apple has been testing wireless charging for the device, as well. The company has yet to introduce wireless charging to any of its mobile devices, with Senior Marketing VP
"Having to create another device you have to plug into the wall is actually, for most situations, more complicated," he told All Things D at the iPhone 5 launch in 2012.
If history is any indicator, Apple is preparing to announce its new devices in June this year. And if the numerous rumors are to be believed, it's going to be quite a show.
The post Apple’s iWatch may be solar powered appeared first on tbreak.
COPYRIGHT 2014 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes