MANAMA : Al Salam Bank directors recommended a dividend of 5% as the Bahraini lender reported on Monday a net profit of BD12.4 million for the year ended December 31,2013 , an increase of 20 per cent over BD10.3 million achieved in 2012. For the quarter ended 31 December 2013 , the net profit was BD3.2 million as compared to BD4.2 million for the same period in 2012, according to a statement released by the bank. The bank achieved a significant growth of 15 per cent in total assets from BD942.2 million at December 31, 2012 to BD1,088.2 million at December 31, 2013 . Customer deposits also increased from BD624.1 million to BD680.7 million in the same period reflecting a 9 per cent increase over 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock