Click here to watch Vitter's questions from the hearing (http://www.vitter.senate.gov/newsroom/video-and-audio/view/vitter-questions-chair-yellen-on-supplementary-leverage-ratios-community-bank-experience-at-the-fed).
"The Fed has taken on an expanded role in bank supervision, but Fed membership has already dramatically shifted away from community bank experience and toward academic and economist experience. All the while, community banks have been getting the short end of the stick in the financial sector and it's only gotten worse since the financial crisis.They are literally being squeezed out of existence by Dodd-Frank and 'too big to fail'," Vitter said. "I think our financial system would benefit from requiring at least one member of the
Vitter also asked about whether regulators will finalize a supplementary leverage ratio, which would impact capital requirements at the largest banks.
TNS 30VitinMar 140228-4652647 30VitinMar
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards