ENP Newswire -
Release date- 26022014 - TDS announces the ARRA broadband stimulus project is now available to some homes around
Construction on the stimulus-funded project should wrap up this spring. Once complete, about 600 residents will gain access to a high-speed Internet connection.
More than 20 miles of fiber optics cabling is being installed and 11 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) are being placed throughout
TDS is receiving funding for 44 projects, including this one in
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity to more than 27,000 customers.
For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact:
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy