The WRS does not provide annual cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs) to retirees. Under the WRS, pension adjustments are not automatic; they are based primarily on the investment performance of the pension funds. Annuity increases provided in previous years can be reduced or eliminated if the fund experiences poor investment performance.
Secretary Conlin acknowledged the work of the
"SWIB's strong investment performance not only allows the WRS to provide increases to retirees, it also helps maintain solid funding and hold down contribution rates for public employers and their employees," said Conlin.
CC AutoTriage13cn-140228-30TagarumaMar-4651568 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?