CWB today released its Pool Return Outlooks (PROs) for the 2014-15 pools and Futures Choice pools. Compared to the last PRO release on
See table here: http://www.cwb.ca/news/84/cwb-announces-latest-pros-for-2014-15-pools
Note: PROs are provided as price indications based on current nearby and forward markets. They are calculated basis track west coast or
To calculate pool returns backed off to the farm, farmers should factor in country deductions that they negotiate directly with grain handlers. These deductions may vary at different times of the year.
PROs for 2014-15 are based on best available information today, understanding that the 2014 production season remains ahead and will ultimately determine pricing in the coming year. However, working on the assumption of an average crop next year, combined with the knowledge that carry out supplies are going to be large, the abundance of grain will continue to pressure Canadian prices in 2014-15. Global wheat and coarse grain ending stocks are still projected to increase in 2014-15, adding to the bearish tone of the 2014-15 markets. Partly offsetting some of these factors is the projected weaker Canadian dollar, which is expected to bolster pool returns somewhat. Wheat PROs are higher on account of stronger futures prices, while weaker futures are pressuring projected returns for canola.
General pool assumptions:
* Canadian dollar at
* Current forward futures structure for wheat and canola.
* The Annual Pool reflects activity through the entire crop year, with sales to be executed by the end of
CC AutoTriage1pm-140228-30TagarumaMar-4651558 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West