During the past decade or so the private banks in
They never reveal the hidden clauses about the large markups and other terms and conditions , even if they mention them they are all sugar coated. As long as the customers are paying their bills on time there is no problem. Banks normally encourage clients to make minimum payment to earn markups.
The real trouble starts when a client makes late payment and defaults. My experience is that they charge
The markup keeps increasing and one is held hostage by the goons hired by these banks for recovery. They keep calling any time and visit the office or business and in some case your home and harass and threaten the family.
I have gone through this experience. I used to hold a Citibank credit card and defaulted. Because there were many disputed transactions entered twice or thrice on my card. The bank says that they will refund my money after nine months, while I had to keep paying these fraudulent charges. I have been requesting the bank to resolve my issue, but they have been delaying and now the bank has changed hands and is owned by another bank.
The new owner,
Those who had no other account, other than the credit card with Citibank are still defaulters and those who had no money in their account in HBL, have got waivers up to fifty percent but those who had large deposits or their salary was transferred, are simply helpless and are not able to get any waiver. This is discriminatory treatment. Only bank management can help clients as the laws and rule are all in favour of the banks and there is no easy legal remedy available to the clients.
Therefore, the top management of
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder