Stock markets in the
market extending rise bolstered by strong performance of banking sector
shares, while profit taking dragged
"Emaar shares boosted
estate shares witnessing profit-taking," said
He added, banking sector shares also bolstered the index amid weak trading
values although surpassing AED 1 billion barrier.
The real estate sector index retreated 0.37%, with
1.83%, as the company denied yesterday its intention to acquire
"Banking sector shares were the main factor behind
Thursday as it would start dividends distribution on March, which are
likely to be the main factor of market rise in the coming sessions," said
The banking sector index advanced 2.13%, with Emirates NBD adding 4.22%,
Turnover stood at AED 1.1 billion, while volume came in 603 million shares.
chips to 4,958.66.
"Profit-taking on real estate and banking sectors' shares dragged ADX down,
but weak volumes could be a good factor for market rise next week," said
The real estate sector index dropped 0.8% on
Properties gained 2.52%.
Turnover stood at AED 882.59 million, through the trade of 339.6 million
All Rights Reserved - Mubasher Info
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down