THE government is taking the
Labs launched previously include Energy,
"Certainly, this report brings to us no good news. Admittedly, we do have problems of efficiency in delivering of services that are key to private sector development. The good news is that, we have resolved to address these challenges," he said.
President Kikwete noted that the government has "taken seriously concerns of the private sector on the state of our business environment. My Government has spent considerable amount of time and effort in addressing these issues".
He added that lab, to specifically deal with challenges affecting business environment in
President Kikwete further said that the
He added that it is imperative that the lab finds realistic solutions to the barriers against starting and operating businesses over time. "I call upon you all, the public as well as the private sector, to work together in a spirit of smart partnership in undertaking the analysis of the problems on our hands and finding the solutions that will resolve them once and for all," he said.
He noted that meaningful improvement in the state of business environment must go together with the improvements in the government delivery system.
"Attitudes of public institutions and those who man them need to change. What concerns the private sector should concern the government as well," he pointed out.
He added: "After all, it is in our interest to see vibrant local private sector participation, alongside the competitive foreign private sector. This is a tall order. But I have no other choice. In fact all of us, as Tanzanians have no other choice. We must act now. It can be done, play your part".
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista