Sandra Bullock took home a $20 million paycheck for Alfonso Cuaron's well-received space flick, Gravity, even before it hauled in more than $700 million at the worldwide box office.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, however, the film's financial success means that its 49-year-old star stands to make more than $70 million when her share of the revenue comes in.
Sources told the trade rag that Bullock will make 15 percent of her studio's cut beyond her $20 million advance.
Bullock might also get an Oscar award with all that cash flow. The Virginia native is nominated for best actress for her role in the film -- four years after winning for The Blind Side.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Sandra Bullock's final 'Gravity' payday will be astronomical
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department