In 1994, he was invited and awarded the Overseas Research Scholarship by the school of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering at
He became a Member of the
degree. His research interests include optimization, image processing, machine learning, statistics, mathematical modeling and their application to other fields such as biometrics recognition systems and investment banking.
In 2008 he was the recipient of the Hudswell International Research Scholarship from the
He published over 18 Journals & conference papers with high profile organisations such as IET in the
In addition, Mutelo was an invited speaker at international conferences such as
In 2010 due to his quantitative background, he was employed as a quantitative analyst by an investment bank,
Currently he continues to undertake cutting-edge self-directed research in the field of Biometrics recognition and is a senior Credit Derivatives Modelling Analyst within the investment branch of
As of next week in the Youth Corner Rector Mutelo would be contributing a weekly youth-inspiring column to inspire other Namibian youth to be interested in mathematics and science.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11