Murray included funding for rural physician training, community health programs in ACA
Already, more than 4 million Americans, including more than 400,000 Washingtonians, have signed up for health care coverage through the Affordable Care Act. Today's announcement further promotes investing in our healthcare workforce, to help families get the care they need.
"Providing quality, affordable health care for all Americans is a goal I share with
In addition to programs originally authored by Senator Murray, the President's proposal also includes:
o The proposal also addresses a shortage of mental health providers by offering residency slots for psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and other mental health caregivers
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules