After the looming amendment of the public finances law,
Under the draft amendment adopted by the government earlier this week, the thresholds related to the spending rule will be cut by 7pps - to 48% and 43% from 55% and 50%, respectively. These proposals have been linked to the recently-administered changes in the pension system (the transfer of assets from privately-owned open pension funds has lowered public debt by 8-9pps).
The ministry stressed that after the amendment takes effect, the thresholds will be 43%, 48%, 55% and 60% (the last threshold is written into the Polish constitution). Passing the 55% would trigger the need to balance the state budget for the following year and to make sure that the debt-to-GDP ratio is lowered.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy