Optus, one of the leading mobile operators in
“With this world first ‘Gigasite’, we are showing the capacity of all our spectrum assets, including our recently purchased 700, 2300 and 2600 MHz bands, by combining multiple layers and technologies onto a single site. Trials such as this are vital in enabling Optus to prepare for our network of the future, and support more users and more data per user while at the same time enhancing the customer experience,” said
“The beauty of this trial with Optus is that it uses equipment and technologies already deployed in today’s commercial networks,” said
Using NSN’s commercially available Single RAN Advanced*** which is based on its compact, energy-efficient Flexi Multiradio 10
The site was built using HSPA+, FDD LTE and TD-LTE technologies in a lean site solution implemented with the award-winning Flexi Multiradio 10
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @NSNtweets on
Nokia Solutions and Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo,
Phone: +358 7140 02869
• The 1.7 Gbps represents the total site downlink measured as the combined speeds achieved on each spectrum layer. The figure was achieved using a total of 226.8 MHz spectrum.
** The Optus trial is a field site based on the following frequency bands and technologies:
a. FDD LTE: 700 MHz (2 x 10 MHz, 3GPP Band 28)
b. HSPA+: 900 MHz (2 x 5 MHz, 3GPP Band 8)
c. FDD LTE: 1800 MHz (2 x 15 MHz, 3GPP Band 3)
d. HSPA+: 2100 MHz (2 x 20 MHz, 3GPP Band 1)
e. TD-LTE: 2300 MHz (80 MHz, 3GPP Band 40)
f. FDD LTE: 2600 MHz (2 x 20 MHz, 3GPP Band 7)
*** NSN Single RAN Advanced simplifies macro radio access networks and makes network investments future-proof. It consists of multi-purpose hardware solutions which support software for GSM, HSPA and LTE technologies. The award-winning portfolio consists of Flexi Multiradio 10
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11618757.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?