Julianne Moore is really happy for her Freeheld co-star Ellen Page.
Moore, 53, is set to play Page's love interest in the Peter Sollett-directed drama about a couple battling to secure pension benefits after one of them is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
The film's cast was announced a day after Page gave her famous coming out speech at the Human Rights Campaign's first annual THRIVE conference in mid-February.
"It was really wonderful," Moore told E! News of Page's speech. "I was very happy for her."
The Oscar-nominated actress also said she was "excited" about her upcoming collaboration with the Juno star.
Freeheld is currently in the pre-production stage.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Julianne Moore praises Ellen Page for coming out speech
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap