When interior design majors from
Eight students from the corporate studio class will work with the
Students will develop plans to improve the entryway, lobby and/or reception areas of these organizations -- the spaces that influence a client's first impression of an organization.
"This is the same process used in the professional design world; Mercyhurst students are working with 'real' clients with tight budgets in a real scenario as opposed to a case study in school," said
Both groups will propose a concept, image boards, schematics, preliminary floor plans and suggested materials to their respective clients. Plans to implement designs are scheduled to begin in summer 2014.
The studio courses emphasize the development of space planning and problem-solving skills related to different environments, such as corporate offices, retail stores, hospitality and entertainment facilities. Students study theory of the design process and design research involving physical, social and psychological factors, while considering the aesthetic qualities of design.
This is the second year that the
Previously, students worked with Centre City Arts -- now known as Bloom -- and a women's shelter in
TNS 24KuanRap-140227-30FurigayJane-4649634 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down