Last week, crude palm oil (CPO) futures on the
Yesterday, the third-month benchmark CPO futures closed at
In view of the rising palm oil prices, it is expected that the share prices of plantation companies will go up.
Among the plantation companies in the top 10 holdings of MyETF MSCI Malaysia Islamic Dividend are
"When the market that an exchange-traded fund (ETF) tracks does well, the ETF itself will also perform well," said Mahdzir Othman, chief executive officer of i-
ETFs are open-ended investment funds that track the performance of an index by holding a basket of securities that allow investors to gain exposure to various companies or fixed income securities with just one trade.
ETFs face the same market risks as stocks and equity unit trust funds but incur lower fees because they are passively managed. Investors will not incur sales or exit charges when transacting ETFs, except for the usual trading charges.
Currently, there are five ETFs listed on the local bourse.
The first-ever ETF floated on
Then came the country's first equity ETF, the FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (then known as FBM30etf), which tracks the top 30 stocks by market capitalisation on
In 2008, i-VCAP Management launched MyETF Dow Jones Islamic Market Malaysia Titans 25, comprising 25 blue-chip syariah-compliant counters.
Six years on, i-VCAP Management is launching MyETF MSCI Malaysia Islamic Dividend.
Priced at around
This ETF is scheduled to pay dividends to investors twice a year. It is projecting a dividend yield of between four and five per cent.
Potential investors are invited to subscribe via
Also present at the briefing yesterday was i-VCAP Management chairman Wan Kamaruzaman
He noted that although ETFs have been traded on
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign