As part of a co-innovation project,
The cloud-based platform from SAP serves as a link between
In the couponing use case, the driver receives information on deals based on his or her current location, selected route and individual preferences. Detailed information on each deal is also available. To help avoid distractions while driving, the driver can control the frequency in which the deals are displayed. Deals can be bookmarked and, as in the parking use case, the store location can be transmitted directly to the navigation system for routing guidance. The selected coupon is sent to the driver s smartphone and can be redeemed immediately at the point of purchase.
SAP s vision is to consistently enrich the driver s experience and provide the convenience consumers expect from a connected and social world -- in or out of the vehicle. The SAP HANA Cloud Platform is helping companies across industries accelerate their product delivery and establish new business models and revenue streams. With a standardized platform, automotive manufacturers will have access to a network of service providers, enabling them to develop once and leverage SAP network of service providers with little additional work. The project is part of a joint research initiative of
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'