City workers in
“We were reasonably happy with the filtering provided by our previous
The Bloxx Web Filter was installed in Garden City’s data center and configured to filter all Web browsing for city employees working in various departments across 13 sites. The Bloxx Web Filter, the only genuine real-time categorization product on the market, analyzes the content of Web pages at the point of request, places the page into one of 50 content categories, and allows or blocks access depending on the requestor’s access policy. This dynamic real-time approach is dramatically more effective than legacy Web filters that rely on URL lists or keyword scoring and lets organizations better manage access to the rapidly growing Web.
“We developed a range of filtering policies that are automatically synchronized with our Active Directory server, so we can allow Web access based on department or job function,” said Allen. “And because employees have access to Web content that’s relevant to their role, they were no longer calling IT to get access to blocked content. This flexibility, coupled with the improvements in browsing speeds and reclaimed network bandwidth, had a tangible impact on employee productivity including IT staff.”
Concludes, Allen, “With Bloxx, we finally get to use our entire Internet pipe, customer support has been a lot more responsive and our employees are much more satisfied with the Web access they now have. We have significantly less headaches than with our previous Web filter.”
# # #
P:508-695-9192; E: kim(at)bridgeman(dot)com
P: +44 (0) 7960 577205; E: sophie(at)sshcomms(dot)co(dot)uk
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11614538.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List