PRINCIPAL of St James-based
"Let us not allow our unfortunate economic situation and
The principal was addressing a civic ceremony to commemorate the 130th anniversary of the birth of National Hero Sir
Quoting the national hero who declared in 1938 that "without discipline, we cannot succeed; and with disorder we will fail", Dr Pinnock noted that negative values and attitudes have haunted the nation for a long time.
"Indiscipline and disorder have caused us to miss out on investment opportunities from local funding as well as from international sources. It has caused us to spend billions of dollars on security bills, monies which could have been invested in education, health care and infrastructural development," the principal said.
"I strongly believe that the secret to our economic success is discipline. If we create and nurture a more disciplined workforce, more disciplined schools, more disciplined churches, more disciplined parents, more disciplined communities, then we can't help but have a more disciplined society, poised to attain all its targets, both socially and financially, resulting in a wealthy and successful
The principal emphasised that the talents and skills of the young people must be developed. "Let us also teach them to think and to be creative and most of all to love themselves," he urged.
Dr Pinnock said the work of Sir
Several uniformed groups and students representing educational institutions across the parish of
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence