ZTE iCity is built around the Urban Operation Centre (UOC) concept and strengthens city operations, enables the development of innovative new applications on its open platform, and assists governments in better operating and managing cities.
ZTE iCity s UOC-based solution has six core capabilities: resource sharing based on cloud computing; quick and efficient service development support; flexible and diverse services sharing and integration; big data processing and analysis capability; multi-layer and multi-level protection, authorization, and authentication; and unified and automated operation and management (O&M) capability.
The solution consists of a cloud platform, two portals, and four components. It can be integrated into existing IT systems, streamline governments' procedures, and provide smart services for the public. The cloud platform works with a remote data centre to minimize hardware costs. The four major components of the system are a data sharing and exchange component, a database, a capability engine, and a service bus. These provide an information platform which can integrate with governments' internal application systems and provide information services for third parties.
The two portals include a public information portal for interaction with citizens and a city operation portal for internal urban management. The UOC builds a basic framework for application interworking and platform sharing in a smart city. In addition, it provides basic data processing capabilities for applications.
"With the rapid development of smart cities, open platform and data sharing will become more and more important," said Mr.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time