To see mortgage rates in your area, go to http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/mortgages/.
The average 15-year fixed mortgage stepped back to 3.52 percent, and the larger jumbo 30-year fixed mortgage dipped to 4.49 percent. Adjustable rate mortgages were slightly lower, with the average 3-year and 5-year adjustables each pulling back to 3.28 percent. The 10-year ARM is the lowest since October, at 3.95 percent.
Mortgage rates are hovering as we're in a bit of a wait-and-see mode regarding the economy. Recent economic reports have not been impressive, with much of that chalked up to the brutal snow and cold throughout much of the country this winter. It may take a more normal weather pattern to truly gauge where the economy sits, and at least for now, there isn't much movement in mortgage rates being seen.
Keywords for this news article include: Real Estate,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation