A joint session of the Public Accounts and Public Enterprises Committees of the
The auditor general's reports were presented to the PAC/PEC by the permanent secretary at the ministry of Finance in
Jallow told the PAC/PEC members that an audit of the financial statements of the
He said the overall objectives of these audits are "to gain assurance that the financial statements fairly present the state of affairs of the
Also to "determine whether in all material respects, the expenditure and income have been applied for the purposes intended by the
Jallow added that the audit was done according to well-known and accepted international standards of auditing.
Also submitted to the PAC/PEC joint session in
"This letter contains observations that came to our attention through normal audit procedures", stated
The letter stated that the audit exercise carried out for the stated periods, revealed "weaknesses in controls which need urgent attention."
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4