In January, the assets Ukrainian banking sector contracted by 4.6% m/m to UAH 1.22tn (
The proportion of problem loans granted by Ukrainian banks increased from 7.7% to 7.8% in January, the NBU said. The total amount of loans granted was UAH 913.1bn as of
The regulatory capital of banks totaled UAH 205.8bn as of
The regulatory capital of banks totaled UAH 205b as of
In addition, the union's experts said that the double refinancing system should be canceled. The system foresees depositing of a part of funds of banks on separate accounts and correspondent accounts of banks at the NBU. The union proposed to retain the sum of obligatory reserves only on banks' correspondent accounts at the NBU as of early operating day. The union also proposed the publication of NBU's decisions on the provision of refinancing to banks.
The union supports the introduction of tough control over the use of refinancing funds. The association initiated the introduction of daily detailed analysis of 50 largest applications for purchase of foreign currency under foreign economic contracts in the country to prevent the withdrawal of funds abroad.
The union also recommended the NBU to cancel the procedure for purchase of foreign currency with the presentation of ID documents by the public, as the NBU's steps in relaxing the purchase of foreign currency by banks from the public will promote the improvement of the state of
Among other urgent anti-crisis measures is the imposing of a moratorium on the application of any punishment measures or fines to banks for violation of requirements and obligatory reservation, publication of daily surveys on the state and the pace of functioning of the banking system by the NBU and the obligatory attraction of representatives of bank associations to the participation in meetings on the consideration of crisis issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers