Japanese shares weighed on the regional benchmark yesterday, as raw material and telecoms companies led regional losses.
The MSCI Asia Pacific index slid 0.1 percent to 137.9 by
BHP Billiton fell 1.3 percent as mining shares posted the largest fall among the 10 industry groups on the regional index. SoftBank lost 1.3 percent after the Japanese telecoms firm leapt 4.1 percent on Tuesday. Electronics firm Panasonic jumped 5.3 percent in
"Stock indices are probably now at the levels where investors will want to see some evidence of earnings delivery outside the US before pushing indices higher,"
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March