“Application security professionals are great at what they do, but the only time they get recognized is when something goes wrong,” said
“Shall We Play a Game? How to design and implement a positive security incentives program” defines steps to establishing the foundation of a security incentives program, including identifying stakeholders, defining metrics, and having a back-up plan in the event of a security breech. It uses the case study of salesforce.com to demonstrate how motivating factors, like competition and self-expression, and gaming concepts, like mastery and autonomy, can lead to a more engaged information security team and program. For example, rewards go to individuals or teams who reach the next “level” in eliminating XSS or SQK injection vulnerabilities.
You can download the whitepaper here.
About WhiteHat Security
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in
Founded in 1997, AsTech empowers client organizations to improve Application Security within their organizations. We share our knowledge and expertise to measurably enhance our clients’ software security, using a risk-based approach focused on optimizing their
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers