House sales may fall as much as 20% y/y this year due to higher interest rates, developments in domestic politics, and base effect, general manager of TSKB Real Estate Appraisal,
Companies may launch new projects after the March local elections, Maya said.
Data of the statistics institute TUIK showed that 1.16mn houses were sold in
On a related note, a report titled, Turkish Construction Sector, by Yapi Endustri Merkezi suggests that house sales volume could be around 1mn units this year which points to a 14% decline compared to 2013.
Can Fuat Gurlesel, who presented the report, said that the construction industry was expected to grow 5% this year after an estimated expansion of 6% in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs