"As a shareholder of Alliant, I call on the company to acknowledge and address the public safety issues arising from the misuse of guns and ammunition, and thereby lessen potential risk to investor value," Treasurer Nappier said.
The Sandy Hook Principles were developed in
Treasurer Nappier has written to
Nappier stated, "
In the shareholder resolution, CRPTF urges Alliant's Board of Directors to report annually to shareholders, in a report posted on its website, on the actions the company has taken on six elements of the Sandy Hook Principles:
* Promoting restrictions on firearms and ammunition sales, transfers and possession to keep guns out of the hands of children, persons with mental illness or mental health challenges, criminals, domestic or international terrorists and anyone else prohibited from possessing them under federal law;
* Supporting the establishment of a federal universal background check system for every sale or transfer of guns or ammunition conducted by the company;
* Reevaluating policies regarding the sale, production, design or conversion of military style assault weapons for use by civilians, including the distribution of any materials/information that may be used to assist in such conversions;
* Taking steps to promote the conducting of background checks for every sale or transfer of guns or ammunition by business clients, including gun show operators or gun dealers.
* Supporting a federal gun trafficking statute to ensure stronger punishment for individuals engaging in the trade of selling firearms to anyone prohibited from possessing them under federal law; and
* Promoting gun safety education at the point of sale and in the communities in which the company conducts business operations.
Treasurer Nappier added, "We continue to remember those who lost their lives in the
The resolution will be considered at the company's 2014 annual meeting, which has not yet been scheduled.
CC AutoTriage5rn-140226-30Furigayjane-4648616 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules