"As a shareholder of Alliant, I call on the company to acknowledge and address the public safety issues arising from the misuse of guns and ammunition, and thereby lessen potential risk to investor value," Treasurer Nappier said.
The Sandy Hook Principles were developed in
Treasurer Nappier has written to
Nappier stated, "
In the shareholder resolution, CRPTF urges Alliant's Board of Directors to report annually to shareholders, in a report posted on its website, on the actions the company has taken on six elements of the Sandy Hook Principles:
* Promoting restrictions on firearms and ammunition sales, transfers and possession to keep guns out of the hands of children, persons with mental illness or mental health challenges, criminals, domestic or international terrorists and anyone else prohibited from possessing them under federal law;
* Supporting the establishment of a federal universal background check system for every sale or transfer of guns or ammunition conducted by the company;
* Reevaluating policies regarding the sale, production, design or conversion of military style assault weapons for use by civilians, including the distribution of any materials/information that may be used to assist in such conversions;
* Taking steps to promote the conducting of background checks for every sale or transfer of guns or ammunition by business clients, including gun show operators or gun dealers.
* Supporting a federal gun trafficking statute to ensure stronger punishment for individuals engaging in the trade of selling firearms to anyone prohibited from possessing them under federal law; and
* Promoting gun safety education at the point of sale and in the communities in which the company conducts business operations.
Treasurer Nappier added, "We continue to remember those who lost their lives in the
The resolution will be considered at the company's 2014 annual meeting, which has not yet been scheduled.
CC AutoTriage5rn-140226-30Furigayjane-4648616 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals