Headline EPS, the most widely watched profit measure in
Sales rose 9.7 percent to R51 billion, with sales from its sub-Saharan outlets surging by about a third - more than three times the growth rate at home.
"What these numbers are telling you is: the consumer environment is incredibly tough in
Overstretched South African consumers are cutting back on spending, forcing retailers to look to the rest of
Rival Woolworths quit
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict