The S&P/TSX composite index closed down 0.4 of a point to 14,188.58 while the Canadian dollar dropped 0.34 of a cent to
That came as a surprise to economists, who had been forecasting a sales drop because of tough weather conditions.
The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 18.75 points to 16,198.41, the Nasdaq was up 4.47 points to 4,292.06, while the S&P 500 index added 0.04 a point to 1,845.16.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend
- Heavy Sanctions on Russia Could Backfire on West
- Lindsay Lohan, Jimmy Fallon Get Soaked on 'The Tonight Show': Watch