The S&P/TSX composite index closed down 0.4 of a point to 14,188.58 while the Canadian dollar dropped 0.34 of a cent to
That came as a surprise to economists, who had been forecasting a sales drop because of tough weather conditions.
The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 18.75 points to 16,198.41, the Nasdaq was up 4.47 points to 4,292.06, while the S&P 500 index added 0.04 a point to 1,845.16.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property