The S&P/TSX composite index dropped 38.1 points to 14,188.98.
The Canadian dollar slipped 0.16 of a cent to
The Dow Jones industrials fell 27.48 points to 16,179.66 amid data showing the latest weather-related impact on economic data. U.S. home prices fell for the second straight month in December. Other data showed a dip in American consumer confidence.
The Nasdaq dropped 5.38 points to 4,287.59 while the S&P 500 index was 2.49 points lower at 1,845.12.
Commodities declined with markets rattled by a deceleration in the rise of Chinese housing prices in January and weakness in
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder