"We are excited to be the first major medical center to acquire SonaCare Medical's new minimally invasive laparoscopic technology. This technology will add to the medical center's legacy of leadership and innovation in the field of minimally invasive therapies," said
According to Dr.
"Every decade therapeutic medicine encounters a new device technology that enters the clinical arena and transforms the market, in large part because it is aligned with the defining characteristics of its time. Focused therapeutic ultrasound has the potential to be such a technology. It is well aligned with defining market characteristics that include migration from an organ-centric to a focal-centric disease orientation as well as a growing emphasis on image guided procedures. Together, we hope this collaboration will become a model for developing research-based, advanced clinical care delivery expertise in the use of focused therapeutic ultrasound and define a new set of surgical patterns of care and clinical protocols that will shape the future of many surgical specialties," said
Keywords for this news article include: Surgery, Therapy, Hospital, Endoscopy, Technology, Laparoscopy, Medical Devices, SonaCare Medical Llc.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals