That was up from
Total revenue for the quarter was just under
Sales from comparable stores totalled
On an adjusted basis, pre-tax earnings fell to
As with other retailers,
Same-store sales were down 6.4 per cent overall, with non-clothing items such as major appliances plunging.
"We felt the effects of this most notably in the few days leading up to Christmas," Campbell said.
"Despite this, we continued to have a positive quarterly same-store sales increase in our Apparel and Accessories business, but it was not enough to offset the impact felt in our Home and Hardlines businesses."
Campbell said that
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down