Russian smartphone maker Yota Devices has revealed its latest e-ink display equipped YotaPhone at the
The second-generation YotaPhone, like the original, comes with two screens -- a high-resolution color display in front, and low-power e-ink display on the back, both with full touchscreen capabilities.
The always-on e-ink screen can provide notifications and updates and allow users to make calls and respond to messages while creating minimal drain on the phone's battery.
"A full touch second display opens a tremendous number of unique user cases for YotaPhone users," Yota Devices head
As with the first generation of the device, social app updates can be routed to the rear screen via the company's own InternetHub app, while images and other info without dedicated apps can be moved to the rear screen with Yota Device's Put2Back app.
The color display is a 5-inch, 1920 by 1080 pixel HD OLED unit, while the phone runs on a quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm processor, featuring an 8-megapixel camera on the back and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline