MOSCOWRussia is not legally bound to provide
No one had expected that the situation would develop into such a dramatic scenario,"
On Monday, one of the Ukrainian opposition leaders and a former foreign minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk said the treasury has been plundered" and that the country was on the brink of bankruptcy.
Ukraines acting finance minister said Monday that the government would seek a new loan from the U.S. and
Mr. Yanukovych was overthrown this weekend after more than 70 people died in street clashes between anit-government protesters and state security forces. The unrest started in late November after the president unexpectedly walked away from a trade agreement with the EU.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama