MOSCOWRussia is not legally bound to provide
No one had expected that the situation would develop into such a dramatic scenario,"
On Monday, one of the Ukrainian opposition leaders and a former foreign minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk said the treasury has been plundered" and that the country was on the brink of bankruptcy.
Ukraines acting finance minister said Monday that the government would seek a new loan from the U.S. and
Mr. Yanukovych was overthrown this weekend after more than 70 people died in street clashes between anit-government protesters and state security forces. The unrest started in late November after the president unexpectedly walked away from a trade agreement with the EU.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign