The banks's total exposure, including loans and all types of guarantees on own behalf and on the behalf of the state, expanded by 30% y/y to RON 5bn at the end of 2013.
The bank also improved its profit to RON 50mn in 2013 from RON 13mn in 2012 and RON 33mn in 2011.
On the list of EximBank customers are now companies like aluminium maker Alro, drug producer Antibiotice, oil services company Grup Servicii Petroliere and copper cables and electrical wirings manufacturer? Romcab - typical targets of larger private banks.
EximBank will target to increase its financing in 2014 after shifting RON 1bn of assets from government securities to loans, the bank's president Traian Hahalai commented. The bank will particularly seek to finance companies in the production sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU