Shrinking IT budgets and fierce competition among software publishers have created explosive growth in the incidence and frequency of software audits– a mechanism by which software publishers investigate their customers to determine if they are in compliance with software licenses and copyright laws. In addition to developing internal enforcement operations, many publishers have engaged trade associations to perform enforcement activity under power of attorney. Many companies are paying substantial fines and suffering negative publicity.
Scott will present a one-hour “Successfully Defending Software Audits” CLE at
Topics that will be covered are:
• Legal Issues in Software Audits
• Common Mistakes Made in Software Audits
• Organizational Impact
• Financial Impact
• The Audit Defense Process
• Settlement Agreements
• Litigation Considerations
Businesses that are most prepared and properly represented will have the greatest success in defending the inevitable software audit.
There is no charge to attend the CLE. Lunch is optional.
Contact ascott(at)scottandscottllp(dot)com if interested in attending.
Managing Partner of
Robert has become a trusted resource on network security, IT compliance, and the corresponding laws and is regularly called upon by his peers to speak about these topics. He is a member of the State Bar of
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11617619.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion